So today happened to be the first week of school for 2010 and will be my last semester living in Wayne for college. Very sad to know I will be leaving soon. So with that in mind I had a teacher challenge me to continue my personal growth. . . I thought this would be the most excellent way to start considering I have thought about my blog spot all throughout my break. I had a couple of incidents happen where I seriously could have just beat the royal crap out of and then I thought of blogging it and everybody would know my frustrations. I kind of forgot to blog though, plus I didnt have a computer.
Since this is my first week back at school and I do have a computer I will take the challenge!
I have been very nervous about this class (Interviewing Skills). This class is more or less the deciding factor of whether or not I am able to focus on practicing skills for the future. I feel like it is a step into my career. I am expecting to challenge me a lot for my profession. BUT what if I fail? What if I cant make this work? I have found out why I want to become a counselor. What if I dont have the talent?
For instance, a guy can like basketball play decent but that doesn't mean he makes it all the way. What if I have the same problem?
Today I did my first interview. My heart could not stop racing. I was thinking back to all the things I have learned in Fundamentals, Introduction, and Personal Growth. All the key words I could have been using. I just hope it is better then expected. We taped ourselves while doing this. I havent watched it yet. . . im honestly scare to know how much work I will need to do. I mean I am so far into my degree I would hate if I was told I didnt do as while as the instructor thought I should have done. I guess the day of reckoning will be next week to find out.
So I am hoping this class of the semester can answer these questions. I have been nervous non stop about my future when I had made the decision to move back home. With a new reason to start a blog I am going to call my next one Interviewing Skills Reflections. So lets see how things go!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment